WOW...I couldn't be busier! Second year started before I even started classes. 5 of my classmates and I began rehearsals a week before school started, to remount a 45 minute production of Romeo & Juliet that we did at the end of last year on the loading dock of the theater. Quite a fun show with only 6 actors....I played Tybalt & the Nurse! (Two roles I would never be cast as in the real world!! So very fun for me!!)
The Asolo Repertory decided they wanted us to take our 45 minute version of R&J and tour it around the local high schools for 3 weeks! And so we did!! What FUN!!! The schools were amazing and overall it was a great success!
One week after all that we went through the hell of 2nd year auditions. Which is the most awkward sort of auditions I've EVER done in my life. Think of this...4 shows (1 that we're all in) 3 that we have to audition for, 13 roles total, 10 actors. What's weird is that...in the real world the worst thing that could happen is: YOU DON'T GET CAST. In this situation...you KNOW you'll be cast but the question is will you get the part you want or will your best friend? I mean that's the awkwardness...How will it all be divided out amongst the 10 of us. After it was all said and done casting wasn't as terrible as we all suspected. Casting went up and I didn't see any tears.
I was happy to get the LEAD role in the winter show, "BLUR" by Melanie Marnich! And a little bummed to be the only singer left out of the spring musical (4 girls in our class sing...and only 3 could be in the show). But the casting was done fairly and I'm thrilled that I have a part that carries the entire show for the first time in my life!!
We've just started rehearsals for our fall production of WILDER WILDER WILDER! Which is 5 one acts by Thornton Wilder. Beautiful stories! I'm so thrilled and am certain it will be a wonderful production! That's all for now!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment